Friday, August 19, 2022

Tree Woman

 

On the fifth and last day of her "Between Roots and Rings" challenge, Melanie Rivers asked us to draw a 'tree woman'. She gave us a reference photo of an old woman she found on Pinterest, and of course I cannot find that anymore. However, I can tell you that the graphite drawing of my woman doesn't bear any similarity to the woman in the photo. I was struggling with this and found it hard to draw an old woman.

I'm linking this to Nicole's Friday Face Off.

And just because, I'm sharing another face, one that is so much lovelier - sweet Otis. The photo was taken by the Geek.

Have a wonderful weekend, everybody, and stay cool.


11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your drawing is lovely, even if it doesn't match the one you were to copy. I also really like that background you designed.

Otis is a doll. Too bad the Geek is allergic to cats.

In reading your comment, the "bed" in my front garden is actually that of a twin bed. Sadly, all I showed in the photo was the footboard. The headboard is the same design, just a tiny bit taller.


DVArtist said...

Ohhhhhmygoshhhhh..... I love this face. It is just brilliant. Well done my friend. Thank you for sharing it with Friday Face Off.

sirkkis said...

Yes, the background makes this old woman portrait very special. I wonder how you painted it, it's beautiful 💚👍

Iris Flavia said...

Your page came out great!
And Otis is very cute.
To a great weekend with weather per person ;-)

Elephant's Child said...

Both faces are lovely, and I see your tree woman as being on/in a birch tree.
Otis tugs at my heart strings - he looks so much like a young Jazz.

Christine said...

Good job on Tree Woman and another sweet face too.

My name is Erika. said...

I think you created an old woman in a tree Carola. And I like your page. Of course any face is hard to compete with sweet Otis. I like his little bell on his red collar. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Both faces are interesting in their own way, Carola.

carol l mckenna said...

Your old woman drawing is excellent and love the background too ~ Otis, though, 'steals the show' ~ sweet kitty photo Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Wel done with your drawing. Sweet kitty.

NatureFootstep said...

I love your treelady. But I agree, it is harder to draw an older face as there are soo many things going on. Lines printed in the face of hapiness, sadness and everything in between. Nice job. :)