Thursday, September 30, 2021

Book Page Tags

 

At Tag Tuesday, Sandie is hosting the current challenge and she wants us to create tags by using book pages or sections of them.

What a fun challenge! For my first tag (above) I took a page with a picture from a travel guide about Egypt and attached it to a tag cut from cardstock. I stencilled with gold acrylic on top of it and added a scripted tape vertically on the left side. The woman's head was cut from another book page, covered with oil pastels and attached to the tags. I stamped the three words and edged them with oil pastels (as well as the edge of the tag). They are glued to the tag with pop dots. (stencil by Stencil Girl, stamps by Technique Tuesday).


My second tag - which was actually made first - is this one:


The background comes from the German book on which I took the photo of the tag (above). I gave it an aged look with "vintage photo" distress ink (Ranger), then stamped the tree over it several times with two different colors. The lady and the branch are cut from an old Grimm's Fairy Tales book and colored with color pencils. I found the word "enchanted" in the same book. The tree (Hampton Art) was stamped and adhered with pop dots (I'm really trying to get rid of my old stuff).


On a side note, I have started to use handmade tags for my short personal notes that I include with every purchase from my Etsy shop. Since everything in my shop is handmade, it's only fitting that I include a handwritten note on something that has been handmade by me. Here are the first few tags I made:


I quickly ran out of eight tags. What was I thinking? So I got to work, creating several sets of tags. I spread out several of them next to each other on a big sheet of paper and sprayed them, always in groups of eight. After they were dry, I stamped and stencilled them. I have enough ribbon and leftover yarn to give them the final touch.




Yesterday I finished a set of 12 since I'm almost run out of tags. This time I skipped the stencilling and only stamped while the tags were still spread out next to each other. It was a lot of fun. When we get closer to Christmas shopping, I will enclose Christmas tags I already made.






13 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love your tags - which would be an absolute bonus to purchases from your shop.

Sandra Wright. said...

Gorgeous Tags.
I am so happy you have joined us at Tag Tuesday and played along with my Book Page theme.
I actually love all your other tags too, fab creations..x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, what a huge amount of gorgeous tags. Love the idea of making tags to include when sending out things. And the tags you made for Tag Tuesday are gorgeous, thanks so much! Have a lovely weekend, take care, Valerie

NatureFootstep said...

wow, I thought your first two tags was beautiful. Then I saw the rest and i´m blown away, so much beauti you have created :) Just stunnning. I think the people whi bought something will love the addition of the tag. :)

Vee Cassidy said...

All your tags are lovely the book pages and the other sets. Vee xx

Iris Flavia said...

Great ones!
"Sad" I have too many bookmarks (and - thanks to Covid - dunno, I cannot send anything to America, so reckon it might be the other way round...).
Loved seeing the creativity, though.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The tags are a lovely addition to an Etsy shop purchase, Carola. Also one of those bookmarks would make me happy to continue reading just knowing I would see one every time the book was opened!

Michele said...

these are all such fabulous tags! gorgeous backgrounds and designs! thank you for joining the book paper challenge at tag tuesday! xo

pinky said...

Wow your tags are just amazing and so colourful! I especially love how you have the ladies head cut from book pages!! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday with your fabulous tags!
Pinky

Jeanie said...

I love your new tags but I think I like the Etsy ones you include most of all. The colors just pop and I love the textures you have developed for them. Anyone would be thrilled to get one of these. I haven't done tags in years. I should again!

Mae Travels said...

The tags are lovely -- your customers are lucky. I've hardly ever bought anything from Etsy, but in the new Ruth Ozeki book I'm reading, the central woman character loves to shop online, I think at Etsy.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Red Rose Alley said...

Such wonderful book page tags, Carola. You really are talented with creating these. So many different designs. Love the second one, looks like Fall.

~Sheri

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness!
A wonderful collection of tags.

All the best Jan