Monday, September 7, 2015

A Favorite Place

Recently when I went down our street I saw that my neighbor had cleaned out her garage and put some stuff for free at the side of the road. This little table caught my eye, and after I had examined it and didn't find anything major wrong with it I took it home.


I had been looking for a small table for quite some time. I wanted it to sit next to the green chair in one corner of my garden where I love to sit and read or knit. However, I never had a place to put down my glass of wine or cup of coffee. This table was about to change that!


I wiggled it in place until it stood straight and solid (the legs are a bit crooked). I have a lot of linen napkins, and this one I thought perfect to cover the little table.


A pot of wavy petunias was the finishing touch.


So here's my little corner. It's in full sun in the early morning, but later in the morning the shade of the photinia covers it and it's a lovely place to hang out for the rest of the day. Unfortunately I sit here not as often as I thought I would be since there is always something to do. But when I sit here, reading or knitting, I deeply enjoy it. The hummers always are around and I love to watch them. It's a great spot to watch the birds - and the squirrels, too!


Do you have a favorite spot in your garden?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty!

Elephant's Child said...

What a blissful spot.
I have a table on the back deck, with bench seats. But mostly I like wandering through the garden. I very rarely just sit in it. A mistake.

Monika + Bente said...

... man darf aber auch nix wegschmeißen - sieht gut aus :-)

Liebe Grüße - Monika

Pamela Gordon said...

That is a nice find...for free! Your spot in the garden is lovely and the pot of wavy petunias is so pretty in it's fall colours. My favourite spot is on our deck/pergola depending on the heat of the day and whether I want sun or shade. Enjoy your day.

GlorV1 said...

Hi Carola. Very nice spot. Hope all is good w.you. Great idea to recycle.

Barb said...

Your repurposed table has found the perfect spot! I love the colors you've chosen for your resting place. I'm sitting in a favorite spot right now as I type this. It is in the late afternoon shade on my back deck. I can hear the gurgle of our stream and see my flowers waving their heads in the perennial garden. Occasionally, I'm visited by a Gray Jay couple who hope that I have a treat for them.

Anonymous said...

I live in an apartment and don't have a garden, but I certainly admire yours. I'd love to have a sweet little corner like that to sit and sip and read and relax! It's charming.

windrock studio said...

That is such a perfectly lovely spot ... really good job saving that sweet little table and putting it in the right place.