Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Tasty Leftovers

 

We love to eat Pesto and I don't even bother making my own pesto sauce since a few years ago I had found a very good Italian one that we have bought ever since. Pesto sauce, spaghetti, parmigiano reggiano directly grated over it, a glass of red wine on the side - it is so delicious.

Since I always make an entire package of spaghetti, we have quite a bit left, and I use them for a tasty leftover meal. I just look what I have and then come up with something.

Last time I made this:


I broke apart sweet Italian sausage (after I had removed the casing) that I fried in my cast iron pan. Then I sauteed sliced zucchini and red bell pepper, added the spaghetti and finally put the sausage back in, a few grinds of black pepper, warmed it all up - done. It was very tasty. The anise and fennel seeds of the Italian sausage gave the meal a distinct flavor that I liked very much.


I'm linking with Kathy's Food Wednesday.





17 comments:

Christine said...

Very tasty leftovers!

kathyinozarks said...

oh this is our kind of meal from leftovers. I love pesto and pasta too (although for me has to be gf) this looks sooo delicious Carola.
Thank you for sharing on Food Wednesdays

Elephant's Child said...

Hooray for left overs - which make frequent appearances on our plates too.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your dishes look so delicious, Carola. I just made pasta today, and just added butter, cream, broccoli, garlic salt, and pepper. Very simple and delicious. The Italian sausage you added sounds good also. I sometimes put sausage in my pasta as well. And bell pepper always makes everything taste better. Spaghetti is a great dish anytime, any place.

~Sheri

Mae Travels said...

Lots of pasta today in the blog world, and I'm about to go and make some for dinner! Yours looks really delicious.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

Ohhh this looks amazing. I would eat this for sure.

My name is Erika. said...

These pasta dishes look so YUMMY Carola. I just love pasta. There's so much to do with it, isn't there? add some wine...delicious. Good thing I just had dinner. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I made pesto once and once was enough. Your pesto pasta looks delicious. I like that you didn't skimp on the parmigiana either. Although I'm now a vegetarian, your leftovers look really tasty, especially because I love zucchini so much, too. I want to eat at your home (grin).

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmmmm, I sure do have parmigiano reggiano in the fridge, I love that, too!
No idea if we have such sausages here. But I´m very picky with meat and probably would make it the old fashioned way - looks yummy, to leftover spaghetti!

Valerie-Jael said...

Yummy, can I come to dinner!? Hugs, Valerie

Rain said...

Your pesto dish looks right up my alley Carola! Looks so delicious with a glass of Zin! ☺☺

Linda Starr said...

if I had a fork I'd dig in for sure

jinxxxygirl said...

This looks so yummy Carola! Sorry i'm so late getting here this week... chaos at home... uuughh.. We don't do pasta much anymore..probably why it looks even yummier to me.. lol Great photos too!! Hugs! deb

Jeanie said...

This looks really good, Carola. I love the spicy sausage!

Lorrie said...

Very delicious leftovers! I love pesto, too.

Lowcarb team member said...

They do look very tasty leftovers...

All the best Jan

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Smart idea and very tasty looking!