Monday, August 30, 2021

T Tuesday with Tags

 

Through Valerie's beautiful blog I became aware of Tag Tuesday and decided on a whim to participate in the current challenge - the theme is "shells". I love shells, driftwood and all the other things you can find on a beach.

It's been a long time since I joined a tag challenge. I did it several times back in 2010, but since then, I have hardly made any tags at all. I felt a bit rusty, to be honest. Fortunately I found a few old tags where I had already created the background (probably years ago) and used them as a start.

This tag already had a painted background and the torn piece of a page from a French book. After that I had abandoned this tag, waiting patiently for this challenge, I assume. I used mainly stamps for this project - the water plant, the seastars and the big seashell. The sea horse epoxy sticker was hiding in my box of random supplies that I had bought over the years. (Water plant and shell stamps are by Stampington, seastar stamp is by denami design) 

The second tag had a sprayed blue background.

I had wanted to use the stamp of the little girl collecting sea shells for a long time and only used it once to make an ATC. This time I stamped it on watercolor paper and painted it with Derwent Inktense pens which I then washed out with water. I bought these pens seven years ago (!) at the National Gallery in London and have hardly used them. But now I totally fell in love with the rich and brilliant colors. Shells were stamped on a left-over piece of scrapbook paper and I stencilled the top. (Girl stamp by Stamps Happen, shells by PSX; stencil by Stencil Girl)

And since I was on a roll I made a third tag that already had a painted background. 

I just added a couple stamps, some Stickles (I had to get that flowing since it was kind of dried up in the bottle because I hadn't used it in years), a little shell and some final touches using a stencil. This is actually my favorite of the three tags. (Scripted shell stamp by Club Scrap; I don't know who made the swirly stamp, I found it at a Goodwill and it's just mounted on a blank wood block; stencil by The Crafters Workshop)

I drank coffee while I was working on these tags - I love to drink it out of this mug which is one of my favorites. This is for T day!

I'm sharing with Tag Tuesday and Altered Book Lover.




29 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, your tags are all lovely. My favorite was the last one too. Great theme and colors and details. Looks like you have been making them all the time! Lovely mug too - happy and full of hearts. Happy T-day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your tags are impressive. That little girl picking up the shells is wonderful, but I love them all. Each is SO different, too. I always love the dimensional aspect. BTW, I call those sea stars Starfish. They are always lovely, regardless what they are called.

I can see why this is a favorite mug of yours. I like it a lot, too. Who doesn't love Paris? Thank you for sharing your amazing tags and your coffee in that incredible Eiffel Tower mug for T this almost Tuesday, dear Carola.

Mae Travels said...

Your shell theme is beautiful. I love the colors you used.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

These are lovely Carola. I don't think you're that rusty at all. I also love the items you photographed with the tags. They have wonderful texture as well as looking really interesting. And I like your mug for T also. The Eiffel Tower is always great, especially with all those hearts. Hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

Lovely tags! I love the Paris mug, too. Happy T Day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your tags are FABULOUS, love how you made them, and how you have arranged them, just wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. And your mug is beautiful, a nice reminder of Paris! Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

These are lovely - and soooo evocative.

Iris Flavia said...

These are beautiful, what more to add?!
So cute, especially the girl.

WendyK said...

Really fabulous tags for my theme, just love the stamp of the little girl. I'm a big fan of beach finds and at the moment have a sink full ready to wash from my beach holiday with the grandchildren. Thank you for sharing with us on Tag Tuesday. Hope to see you there again.

Lisca said...

Oh what beautiful tags! Bang on the subject. I love the stamp of the little girl.
I can well imagine this is your favorite mug. Does it remind you of Paris? Have you been to Paris? Or are you just dreaming about it?
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Red Rose Alley said...

Carola, your tags are delightful. I love them all. Such a creative project. I used to have a dear blog friend who made tags, and she would sometimes send me them in the mail. I really like your sea shells to motivate you too. That one looks like an abalone shell. The swirly stamp is cool. You can find so many different things at Goodwill. I noticed your art table in the background. I've always wanted to have a craft room. And your cup is just right to enjoy your coffee while working on crafts. I do hope you continue to make your special tags. You definitely have a talent with it.

~Sheri

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your beach themed tags- they are gorgeous!! I have that girl stamp, and the PSX one on your second tag:)
And of course- I love your Eiffel Tower mug!! I can see why it's a favorite. Happy T day!

pam nash said...

These are all beautiful. I love the sea theme. Though, I will say, they are too pretty to write on and tie to a package. How would you use them?

Jeanie said...

These are absolutely charming, Carola. I love them all -- and your pretty mug, too! I like seeing people's work spaces. The colors you chose, the theme -- they all make me smile!

DVArtist said...

These are so pretty. I love the beachy vibe to them. Have a very nice day today.

Michelle said...

Your tags are so lovely. I am not sure I have the patience to do crafts anymore. Seems like forever since I have.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful tags and I love your mug - perfect 😀. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The tags were all lovely, Carola, and my favorite was the sea horse positioned with the French text and the seashell. The background colors really set this one off so well. You are very creative!

Empire of the Cat said...

Your tags are lovely and very summery like a day at the beach, and the little girl stamp is adorable. Happy T day Elle xx

Kate Yetter said...

Such a beautiful set of tags. I love the beach theme. I think the shells with the beads is my favorite.
Happy tea Day,
Kate

Karen said...

Fantastic trio ~ I like how you had a stash of tags at the ready to create on top of, that's a wonderful idea. The colors are beautiful and I love all the collage layers. Happy T day!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your tags are wonderful! I love them! That little girl is so cute! Love your coffee mug! Big Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely post, I do like all of your tags.
That Paris mug looks great too.

Wishing you a happy September.

All the best Jan

Gillena Cox said...

A gorgeous display of seashell tags

much❤love

Veronica Lee said...

Your tags are beautiful, Carola.

I love the beach theme.

CJ Kennedy said...

Awesome tags and I love the way you photographed them on the rough wood table with shells and sea things. Nice mug. Looks like the perfect shape to cup your hands around. Happy T Day

Azka Kamil said...

Love your beach themed tags

pinky said...

Your tags are so pretty and the colours you have used are so perfect. Lovely!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

Sherry Hickey said...

I love your beautiful tags! Your colors are in such harmony with nature. Lovely work! Thanks, also, for visiting my blog recently!