Thursday, October 3, 2013

Seagulls


When we went to the beach for the coastal clean up a few weeks ago, there were, of course, a lot of seagulls. They have quite different personalities - some of them watch you from a safe distance, others completely ignore you and some are quite bold and come rather close, probably in the hope for some food.


They are such common birds (at least at the ocean...), but somehow I do like them, their noisy and sassy behavior. Some of them are real bullies, whereas others seem to display some kind of humor. It's quite interesting to watch.


I loved to see this one taking off - can you see the little footprints in the sand? Ah, to be able to spread your wings and sail above the waves of the ocean!






13 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

I'm fond of seagulls, too, Carola. I love the series of the gull "taking off" and leaving footprints. Just great.
K

Magic Love Crow said...

Excellent photos! I love the foot prints too!

Elephant's Child said...

I love their cheeky nature too. We have them here - despite being more than 100 kilometres from the ocean. I suspect some of ours have never and will never see the sea - but I love them anyway.

gina said...

Great captures of these gulls in action. I love the simplicity of your images, Carola.

Our photos said...

Beautiful photos!
Greetings, RW & SK

Ginnie Hart said...

You were able to catch some Magic, Carola!

Friko said...

I find watching birds endlessly fascinating, particularly groups of them.

I can spend hours at the kitchen window, admiring the antics of the customers at the feed table.

Very good clear photos.

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

So fascinating and relaxing!

Molly said...

Beautiful shots, Carola! Such sharp action...

KB said...

Those photos of the seagull taking off are incredible. Being able to even see the footprints in the sand - wow!

Meegan said...

Love these photos! Especially the seagull footprints :). I like seagulls too. My husband considers them flying rodents but I love their unique personalities and the way they "talk".

Thank you so much for your encouraging comment on my blog the other day. It really helped lift my spirits.

~*~Patty S said...

Jonathan Livingston Seagull always comes to mind...
They certainly can be opportunists and entertaining all along the way...
Your photos are super (noticing the difference in the sand from west to east coasts)
Happy Weekend to you and yours
oxo

Willkommen auf meiner Kreativseite. said...

Herrliche Aufnahmen. Das 3. Foto erinnert mich an den Disney-Film "Bernhard und Bianca" an diesen startenden Albatross.

LG
Renate