Monday, October 18, 2010

Yes, I can!

Today I want to share some exciting news with you. Recently I was invited to join Vision and Verb, one of my very favorite blogs. It is a collaboration of "women of a certain age" and its collaborators are a pretty international crowd. Back in September I wrote my very first guest post for V&V. Shortly after that Marcie Scudder sent me an email asking me whether I'd like to join.

This was the first time that my reaction was not "I can't do that" but instead a loud and clear "Yes, I want to do that!". Yes, it is a challenge for me and I'm a little bit scared, but at the same time I'm mighty excited.

One thing is sure: Your support has helped me a lot to get here. I was pretty intimidated when I started the whole blogging thing (thanks Kelly Rae!) back in July (only three and a half months ago, can you believe it?) and you came along with your openness, kindness and friendship.

My hope is that you will visit me at V&V (I'll be there every other week or so, starting this coming Saturday) and love that blog just as much as I do. And of course you will always find me here at my own blog.


Have a wonderful week and enjoy the autumn colors!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey, that's great! You go girl! :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Das klingt ja super - herzlichen Glückwunsch :) und natürlich werde ich immer gucken und lesen gehen. ... By the way... Affenheiß ist es bei dir ?! Schick mal so bummelig 15° nach Good Old Germany ;) Mir ist kalt... :D

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Congradulations! I am sure that you will be a wonderful addition to this blog. I will definately be visiting you there too. (-:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh well done Carola - a great appointment if you ask me! I once attended some do that had Stacey Julian (Big Picture Scrapbooking) as the key note speaker and she counselled - 'think the power of the third thought'..1) I can't....2)Actually, I probably can....3, OK I Will! Go for it, I'm looking forward to it! Stunning pic.

Kat Sloma said...

Yes, you definitely can! Congrats Carola! You will have fun being part of a collaborative site. I'm loving it, with the muses!

Molly said...

Well isn't that exciting!! Congratulations to you :)

I just discovered Vision and Verb over the weekend, so I look forward to reading all your posts in the future.

Roban Studio - Rhonda said...

Wow! So awesome. Congratulations Carola. You will add much to Vision and Verb. Your tree and leaves photo is beautiful!

By the way, you are the winner on my blog of my "Pumpkins" limited edition print. I have sent you a couple emails apologizing for the confusion with my blog. There's still a few things not working correctly with my blog, one of them being the scheduler. I should have left the post up even though it posted at the wrong time, but I didn't think anyone had read it. I have very few people reading my blog, so I didn't think it was a big deal to take it down and re-post it the next day when it should have posted. If you would like to claim your winnings please email me. Thanks Carola! And again congrats on Vision and Verb.

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow!!! That is purely wonderful--I am so happy for you and excited to hear the wonderful news!!! You are so talented--this is pure delight!!!
XO

Meegan said...

Yay Carola! Congratulations!! I can't wait to read your contributions at Vision and Verb. You are a wonderful writer/photographer and you absolutely CAN do it. I'm thrilled for you!!

Kate on Clinton said...

Congratulations! I've been a big fan of V&V since it began, and I look forward to seeing your contributions.