Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pumpkins, Pumpkins Everywhere


On Sunday we went to the pumpkin patch. It's one of our favorite things to do in October.

It was a brilliant day, with a deep blue sky, bright sunshine and the temperatures were pretty high as well. It always seems to be hot when we visit a pumpkin patch - hot, dusty and dirty. And lots of fun.

Kaefer brought along her friend and both girls took off happily - first into the corn maze, an excellent one this year that kept us occupied for the better part of an hour. Our rule in a maze like this is to always stick to the right which really works, although I sometimes thought "hey, I've been here before". But can you really tell among all those high stalks of corn? This time, our rule worked again and we made our way through the maze.


There were farm animals to visit and hay bails to play on, but we headed straight to the patch and while the girls went on the search for the perfect pumpkin, the Geek and I were in photography heaven. The bright light, though, was quite a challenge! But who can resist that orange?


 Kaefer and her friend with their treasures.

 I love the details.

8 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Stunning pictures Carola - really lovely, irresistible colour as you say. So - do ytou eat 'em, model with em or just admire 'em?

Frida said...

I just love the orange color of the pumpkins. I also would like to welcome you to Vision & Verb.

Kelly said...

Bea-utiful photos!! I love the little curly q of the stem against the orange of the pumpkin. Mmmmmm, makes me want pumpkin muffins.... but then everything makes me want pumpkin muffins.. :)

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh I love these, Carola!!! They're perfect pictures of such a happy time of year!!!
XO

Tracie Nall said...

I love them!! So pretty...so fall-ish!
That curly-Q stem is the cutest thing I've seen all day!

Christine E-E said...

my favorite pic is the "details" - i think i like looking for the unusual...

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Was für eine Farbenpracht, so ein herrliches Orange, da lacht mein Herz.

patty said...

Oh, I love these! Orange is not normally one of my favorite colors, but how can you not love it here?? Sunny, bright and beautiful!!