Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What's on Your Workdesk?

Hello WOYWWers, I hope everyone is doing fine this week. Autumn is in full swing in my part of the world which means we had quite some rain.

Lovely to snoop around the world and look at other people's desks. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please hop on over to the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground to get the whole picture.

On my table today is one of the cards that I am preparing for my next card class that should take place next week, but enrollment is very low. The class is all about fall and giving thanks since we're having Thanksgiving coming up later in November.


And here are the finished pumpkins! Finally I did it. Molly wanted to know how I decoupaged the one pumpkin. Well, since this was my first time using this technique I'm not quite sure whether I did it correctly, but it worked for me.


First, I gessoed the papermache pumpkin and then painted it with acrylic paint (I chose the color 'pumpkin', how inventive is that?). Out of different autumn-colored scrap papers I had cut 1-inch squares (I originally had cut 1.5-inch squares which was too big for the 'curvy figure' and therefore had to cut down) which I glued down using regular gel medium. It gives you very sticky fingers indeed! Some green acrylic paint on the top and then a last top finish with regular gel medium (gloss). The whole process took several days because I had to let it dry in between.

I decided to decorate the second pumpkin with black rick-rack after I had painted it, and that worked fine and was super-easy.

That's it - have a great week and a wonderful Wednesday!

25 comments:

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Cute card.. and the pumpkins are super cute.. thanks for stopping by my blog. and yes my party is going to be a blast!

JoZart Designs said...

What a lovely inviting Autumn desk you have there with all those tiny pumpkins. Love the biggies too!
Thanks for popping by my desk and must say that I'll be able to show the card for my DD1 after her birthday at the weekend, incase she peeks at my blog, so keep an eye on it!
JoZarty x

Susanne said...

How fun. Thanks for sharing. S #84

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I am jelous...everyone seems to have such interesting stuff on their desks and mine is so boring.(-:

Sandy said...

Oh wow you are very busy.
Lovely pumpkins. Happy Crafting.

Sandy#1

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, gel medium! It's magical stuff isn't it? Your desk looks inviting. The pumpkins turned out fabulous. Now you'll have a family heirloom to bring out every holiday. Thanks for sharing what's on your desk today.

Jingle said...

Your pumpkins look great! As does your card progress!!!

Mandi said...

You have been busy!
FAB pumpkins

Happy WOYWw
mandi xx

Helen said...

OH my! What a great desk, I love it. And those pumpkins are all fantastic.

Twiglet said...

That Autumn desk looks so beautiful and the pumpkins are fab!

Chrissie said...

Wow, just look at all these pumpkins!
Have fun!
Chrissie#9

Micki Wilde said...

I just found your blog today, it is lovely!!

Micki x

kelly said...

Busy desk!!! Love the pupmkins so cute x

Linby said...

ooh lots of pumpkins!
Linbyx

Anonymous said...

I am totally jealous of your stuff. Yes, I am.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Lovely autumn colours on your desk and those pumpkins are stunning.

A.xx(80)

aisling said...

Wow, so many lovely goodies to play with. Love your stash! Thanks for visiting my blog. #47

Sarah said...

Great pumpkins - leave them out all year - the colours are fab. Hope the class fills up and you have a great time together anyway...
sasa 28

Sunshine Girl said...

Cute pumpkins! Thanks for sharing (no 26)

Jules said...

Your pumpkins are fab! #65

Rosie said...

It was fun to see all this pumpkin activity on your desk - very seasonal!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i love that patchwork pumpkin! hope your class goes well even if there are only a few participants. maybe they will enjoy it better, having you all to themselves.

Anonymous said...

That's a great desk, look at all those little pumpkins! And the big ones are great too! I checked out Raspberry Road as I had an email from another WOYWWer that she couldn't find the papers. They're no longer free unfortunately and are in the Holidays section, it's called Hallowes Eve. Summer Driggs has a great great Halloween set at the moment, her link is also on my Freebie page, Summertime Designs.

Hugs
Brenda

akilli melek said...

great desk, did you have a punch for all those small pumpkins? caroline #14

Molly said...

The fall card is adorable and has inspired me to take out my own stamping supplies!

Thanks so much for the decoupaged pumpkins! I will favorite this page for future reference.