Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Back from Canada

Hello! After a little bit more than two weeks I am back to my blog, relaxed and happy. We just spent wonderful family time in British Columbia, exploring, camping, hiking, hanging out with relatives. The scenery was absolutely breathtaking and we were incredibly lucky with the weather (a few sprinkles was the closest to rain).

We first visited Vancouver,

then headed into the Rockies

and finally spent some relaxing days with our relatives at the Okanagan Lake.

There will be more about this trip on this blog and what fed my soul during those exciting days.

The best thing? We didn't switch on the TV a single time and I also succeeded in staying away from the computer completely. After Vancouver we had pure nature, stayed in primitive campgrounds and just enjoyed the rich beauty of British Columbia.

The most impressing? The howling and yipping of a pack of coyotes close to my relatives' property. What a concert!

A trip I'll remember for a long time.

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Wonderful collection of vacation images!!

Claire Sewell said...

Hi Carola, thanks for your kind comments and for visiting my blog. I love the photo of the Rockies. I spent one week in BC in 1997 on Saltspring Island and absolutely loved it. Canada has similar colours and scenery as NZ but on a much, much grander scale.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! Can't wait to read more about your trip.

Was it hard returning to the online world after your break? Whenever I am away from my computer for an extended period I find it a bit hard to get back into my online groove so to speak. My time & attention is reclaimed by my "real" life & it's a struggle to carve out online time. I struggle finding a balance for all my interests as well as my responsibilities.