Friday, October 8, 2021

Autumn Blessings


 Autumn - the most beautiful season in my opinion. Therefore, the current challenge at Try it on Tuesday, "Autumn Blessings" was perfect for me.

I have a box labelled "Fall" that contains all of my autumn themed stamps and embellishments. I haven't bought any new stamps or embellishments or papers for ages and was just digging through my old stuff. No new images or add-ons, all of these cards are made with whatever was available. Oldies but goldies.

"Autumn is a second spring"

I cut the file folder card with my Coluzzle out of patterned cardstock (Scenic Route), attached the stamped pumpkin (Stampendous) and embellished with brown ribbon, a pumpkin brad and a trianlge shaped paper clip. I don't know who made the stamp with the beautiful quote by Albert Camus.

"Autumn Pears"

Again I used the same Coluzzle template to cut a different file folder shape out of Bazzill cardstock.  I still have some glossy paper that I made with alcohol inks years ago that I cut and attached to metallic cardstock. The pears (A Stamp in the Hand) were stamped with green Stazon ink. Maple leaves were punched out of metallic paper and the tiny paper clip added as a final touch.

"Bountiful"

Yellow, olive green and ochre cardstock were matted on top of each other (with the yellow as the card base). Another alcohol ink paper piece was stamped with a cornucopia and a text stamp (Hero Arts). Two maple leaves, punched out of the alcohol ink paper, were added as well as the word "bountiful" (Hero Arts).

"Turning Leaves"

A super simple card! Different pieces of patterned (Scenic Route) and solid cardstock were mounted on top of each other, the top one with the autumn tree (Inkadinkado) stamped with Kaleidacolor. I cut two circles from leftover bits of cardstock and stamped the top one with "turning leaves" (Hero Arts). Finally, a maple leaf brad - done.

"Autumn"


The base of the card is Bazzill cardstock, topped with scrapbook paper that I randomly stamped with the leafy twig (Magenta). The oval was stamped with autumn themed words (Hero Arts), I punched two holes to pull the ribbon through and added an oak leaf die-cut.

"Autumn Greetings" - my favorite.


This card is based on olive green Bazzill cardstock. I cut out squares from an old dictionary and "painted" them with stamp pads. Using bubble wrap I stamped dots with orange acrylic paint and stamped a row of colorful leaves on the bottom. This bare tree is one of my favorite stamps (PSX), I use it all the time. "Autumn Greetings" (Northwoods Rubber Stamps) appear on the left.

If you're still here - thanks for your patience and looking at my cards. There are so many creative works with this theme that you can see here.








10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Carola, you have made a wonderful collection of delightful, Autumn cards. Love them all! Thanks so much for joining us at TIOT, much appreciated. Have a great, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Like you, I adore Autumn and am blown away by your celebration of its beauties. Thank you.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave such a very kind comment. I’ve just had a look at some of you lovely makes and your autumnal collection is wonderful. I have just become your newest follower and will look forward to seeing your future makes.

Tammy said...

WOW all of your cards are gorgeous and colorful Carola! I love the file folder design with the stamped pears and the beautiful tree on your last card! Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!
Tammy x

Red Rose Alley said...

Oldies but goodies, they are the best. And you have a lot of old goodies to use for your projects, Carola. I think cardstock is the best. Love all the Fall colors and the leaves and the polka dots and the bountiful font you used. You did a great job on these cards, and they are filled with Autumn creativity.

~Sheri

pam nash said...

Such beautiful cards - thanks for sharing them. We seldom have Autumn here. Mostly we have summer.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, so many amazing cards! I love all your designs with the pretty autumnal colours - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous Autumn collection Carola. You really have created some beauties here! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

Beautiful cards, Carola -- and so perfect for the season. You do lovely work.

Lowcarb team member said...

Truly beautiful cards ...
I do like the Autumn season.

All the best Jan