Wednesday, March 9, 2016

It's a Pug!


The youngest daughter of my friend K., S., loves pugs - she's crazy about them! Of course she owns a pug, a black one that is already pretty old. The family had decided to give her a loving home in her old age, and the pug enjoys her days there very much. She usually lies in the sunny spots and snores! I'm actually not that fond of small dogs, I love big dogs, but this little guy has stolen my heart. When I spend a morning with K., the pug usually sits right next to me on the couch.

S. turned 18 years old two weeks ago and I knit a little black pug for her. The pattern is from the talented Rebecca Danger (you can find it here). I'm happy to say that S. loves the pug!

Yes, it does have a real pug tail!


The grey nose and ears show her old age...


And this is the model - sitting on my daughter's lap and soaking up the November sun!




8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Like you on the whole I prefer big dogs. I grew up with German Shepherds and they have my heart.
Just the same, some smaller ones can steal a place in my crowded heart too.
Love the pug you knitted, and that very cute senior pug soaking up the sun...

Barb said...

Awww - what a great gift! That little pug portrait is perfect.

Magic Love Crow said...

Awww, so precious!!!

Darla said...

What an adorable knitted pug. I'm sure the gift must have been appreciated. Impressed by your knitting skills as always.

The Chilly Dog said...

Don't know which is cuter, the knit version or the real little guy :)

GreenComotion said...

Very cute!
Have a Happy Day, Carola!
Peace :)

Willkommen auf meiner Kreativseite. said...

Ich liebe Möpse! Das Modell ist ja zu knuffig und dein gestrickter Mops sieht richtig knuddelig aus.

LG
Renate

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute...and even a little tail! Very fun project! Hugs, Diane