Thursday, March 31, 2016

Cherry Blossoms


During Spring Break the Geek, Kaefer and I went up to Oregon and Washington. March is NOT the best time to go there since it rains an awful lot, but we wanted to look at two universities that Kaefer got accepted in - the University of Oregon in Eugene and the University of Washington in Seattle.

While it was raining in Eugene we were lucky to have kind of a dry day in Seattle. When we arrived at the campus I had no idea what to expect. Kaefer had mentioned something about cherry blossoms - but I hadn't thought that it would be like this!


The trees were covered with cherry blossoms - it was amazing. There are about a dozen of them, and they make such a difference.


The campus itself is one of the most beautiful university campus I've seen so far in the US. It reminded me a lot of England - with the slight difference that the buildings in England are several hundred years older!



But the cherry blossoms definitely were the stars that day!


And here are my two sweethearts, so decorative in front of the cherry blossoms!





11 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

How absolutely sublimely beautiful.
I love the smiles on the faces of your precious pair too.

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow! The cherry blossoms are so beautiful in front of the stone buildings. It does look like England! What a lovely photo of your husband and daughter too. Have a good weekend.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

How beautiful! It looks like such a beautiful campus. And what a cute picture of you daughter and husband. What is she thinking of majoring in?

JoZart Designs said...

Such beautiful photographs and lovely buildings. My daughters have friends in Seattle and they are told that it is stated to be the safest city in USA and beautiful too. This time of choice such an exciting time for young people to anticipate their university future. All those options which could fulfil their hopes and dreams.
In your first pic I love the front focus of the blossom and detail of the droplets. It's exquisite. It reminds me when we travelled from North to South of England and Scotland to select their universities. DD1 ended up as far as we could travel in Brighton on the South coast and DD2 (half way) in the Midlands but she had 2 periods of 6 months in Moscow and 6 months in Lyon France.
Good luck to Kaefer whatever and wherever she selects.
Jo x

GreenComotion said...

Absolutely beautiful photos, Carola - well done.
Have a Happy Day!
Peace :)

JoZart Designs said...

In reply.... don't wish too hard for a quaint thatched cottage! I stayed with a friend in a beautiful village down near Stonehenge who was renting one long term. I used to think they were an idyllic place to live but soon changed my mind as it got very dusty very quickly, it was draughty therefore quite cold (expensive to heat) in places and (as much as I like them) it was full of spiders and cobwebs. Very old buildings are also usually Grade 1 or 2 listed which means that no alterations can be undertaken and repairs have to be made using the original materials in the traditional ways to mend anything.
Jo x

Molly said...

SO beautiful - the blossoms, the campus and especially your lovely daughter.

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow!! What amazing photos! So beautiful!! I have never seen so many beautiful blossoms before! Love seeing your two sweethearts! Big Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, your timing for that visit was perfect! The cherry blossoms are stunning and so are your photos.

Darla said...

Wonderful photo's of those amazing cherry blossoms. I'll be interested to find out which University she attends. I was born and raised in Eugene, OR so that campus is very familiar to me. Does rain a lot there though. Well, rainy in Seattle too.

GreenComotion said...

Hi Carola,
If the gent in the yellow jacket is your bicycle-commuting hubby, yes, the fitness is apparent :)
I am really happy to note that cycle commuting to work is a round-the-year affair for your hubby - awesome.
I used to do that 2008-2013, but now I ride when it is rainy or too hot to ride my motorcycle (a bit lazy and trying to enjoy the new toy).

Thanks for coming by my blog and commenting.
Have a Happy Day!
Peace :)