Thursday, May 7, 2015

Fences in the Historic District


The Historic District of my town is in walking distance from my home, and sometimes I walk over there. It has beautiful, large old homes and a lot of huge trees. It's such a beautiful neighborhood (and expensive as well!).

I don't walk there too often since I prefer my own neighborhood where I know the people and often stop to chat, but every now and then it makes for a beautiful change to walk the shady streets and look at the old homes. Most of them are very well kept, some have picket fences and some even have gates.


There is always something to discover, but in the end I prefer our neighborhood where much more people are out in the street and quite approachable. We are a mixed neighborhood with bigger and smaller homes in all kinds of style. It's an older neighborhood as well, but not a historic one. Big difference!


It's Thursday and time for Good Fences, so I am linking up to Theresa's Run A Round Ranch.


18 comments:

Gwen said...

You must've walked by right after they painted that white picket fence. (kidding, but it's so pristinely white!) :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello pretty, collection of fence scenes. My favorite is the first white picket fence. Have a happy day!

TexWisGirl said...

oh, these are beautiful fences and gates! thanks for sharing them!

Linda Kay said...

Wonderous variety in these fences, and I like all of them. The picket fence is probably my favorite.

21 Wits said...

Oh goodness yest, I adore historic areas and these are just lovely! Perfect finds.

GlorV1 said...

Sounds like a beautiful walk. I love that iron gate, it's awesome. I'd like to have a fence like that.Great photos. Great photos,.

Ruth Kelly said...

I love the curves of those fences.

Pamela Gordon said...

These are all lovely fences but the picket fence is my favourite.

Orsolina said...

Der weiße Zaun ist so schön und inspiriert mich zum Stempeln. Leider habe ich keinen so schönen Zaun-Stempel. hm, hm, hm....

LG Biggi

Ida said...

Each fence/gate is so different and unique. I liked them all but I think my favorite was the last one.

GreenComotion said...

Carola,
All three fences are superb!
I like curves in the first one and the posts in the third. The metal one looks very nice and sturdy too.
Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)

Sally H said...

Wonderful fences and great photos, Carola!

Elephant's Child said...

The fences and gate say 'definitely an upmarket area. Nice to look at, but not somewhere I could live. I love the waves of that first picket fence though...

La Vie Quotidienne said...

These are wonderful...the picket fence I would love to have, sadly that type of fence doesn't really go with my house style but it is definitely my favorite kind of fence.

windrock studio said...

Pretty fences but I like yours the best!

DeniseinVA said...

I like those fences very much and your neighborhood sounds nice and friendly.

Nancy Chan said...

These are all beautiful fences and pretty designs!

Magic Love Crow said...

Stunning! I love the photos so much! I love the designs!