Monday, January 17, 2011

Winter Wonderland A-Z: Awesome


Here in coastal California we don't have too much snow... well, actually none.

But I love the snow - most aspects of it. Not the driving, shoveling... but the beauty of it. And whenever I have the opportunity I take winter pictures with snow or frost. So I came up with the idea to have a little series of winter photos here on my blog, an A-Z - starting today.

Every morning you should find a new winter picture until we reach the letter Z. This is quite a challenge for me since I have to find the appropriate words - you know, if I can't come up with one in English I will put the German word instead. After all, Germany has lots of snow, and many of these pictures were taken there.

Enjoy - perhaps while drinking some lovely hot chocolate.

5 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

It's a lovely picture...the pinkness of the light is gorgeous, innit!

Kat Sloma said...

Or tea. I am going to get some tea. :)

Lynn Cohen said...

Very pretty indeed!

soraya nulliah said...

Carola-totally with you on this one! I am Canadian so...I miss the snow. And you are right...not the deep freeze or the shovelling or the icy walkways but...the beauty of it...the magic of waking up in the morning to thick fresh snow...the beauty and sparkle of it. Love the pic...no hot choc here in sunny Ca!! Loving this weather over here too, though...and roses blooming in January and banana trees:)xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Ein wunderschönes Foto, ich schnapp mir mal etwas von der Sonne auf dem Schnee ;)