I haven't done any art recently, so for Nicole's Sunday in the Art Room I show you some beautiful art cards I found at one of the local nurseries. All of these cards were created by Marion Rose Stern, a local artist. Unfortunately I couldn't find any information about her and the staff at the nursery couldn't tell me much either.
I'm tremendously enjoying her art. She works in both watercolor and acrylics.
Her acrylics:
"Cedar Waxwing"
This card reminds me of our sweet neighborhood donkey that passed away in January 2025.
A favorite of mine:
"The Raven"
"Lucy, on a Stroll, in the Fog"
You bet, that I love this one. Kibeau was orange and white, but he had spots, not stripes.
"Notorious Bee Catcher"
And this is the watercolor card, that first drew my attention to this artist. I wish I could paint like that.
"Yelo Moon"
Whenever I am at the nursery I look through Stern's cards, always with an idea in my head to whom I will send them. The nursery will soon close for the season, but I hope there will be more cards next year, when they open again at the beginning of March.









No comments:
Post a Comment