Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Frosty Mornings

 

Recently we have had pretty chilly nights and frosty mornings. The frost is painting its beautiful pictures in the garden, decorating the leaves of some plants.



There was even some frost on my cow and when the sun hit it, it started to"steam". Oh those beautiful surprises!

Just a couple days before, I had gathered the fallen leaves of the Japanese Maple in my front garden and brought them to the back to mulch some parts in the garden there. Those leaves had beautiful icy edges and when backlit by the morning sun, started to glow. I was in photographer's heaven!



Even a single leaf on the bare ground looked amazing.

Nature's art...

And now to the dinner part for Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date - with the colder weather we're eating more hearty food. Last week I made Italian sausage with penne, peppers and broccoli. I've really fallen in love with sweet Italian sausage, mainly because of the fennel in it. It gives it such a great flavor.


Many people eat soup in the colder season, but somehow I have never found my love for it. Sometimes I make soup, but it certainly is not a favorite. What about you? Are you cooking a lot of soup in the winter?


17 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I adore the beauty of frost.
I do enjoy soup in cooler weather. At the moment however I am going down the salad path. Fennel is a wonderful flavour isn't it? In hot or cold food.

roentare said...

The snow on the maple leaves is simply gorgeous. Pasta looks very yummy too

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous, frosty leaves, and I love the steaming cow! Too funny! Have a happy Thursday, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Gorgeous frosty photos Carola. And wow, your cow really was steaming. That is a fun view. And your meal looks so yummy. I love sweet Italian sausage too, and you can never go wrong with pasta, can you? Have a great rest of your week. hugs-Erika

Lori said...

Love all the pictures. The pasta dish looks amazing. I enjoy a number of soups but if it was soup verses a pasta dish...pasta would always win.

Iris Flavia said...

Sehr schöne (aber zu kalte) Bilder...
Ich bin auch kein großer Suppenkasper ;-)
Aber bei der Kälte werde ich wohl eoin paar neue Rezepte probieren.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Hello Carola: i confess to being firmly on the side of the soup lovers. Miriam recently made a chicken orzo soup from scratch including making her own broth first, and quite often I will make several different kinds, some of the favourites being country vegetable, lemon chicken orzo, Thai curry sweet potato and ham and potato soup. We always make a large batch and quite quickly build up several jars of each (properly canned and sealed). When we have been out birding on a cold winter's morning, it's a perfect lunch when we get back home. Sometimes if we have been birding with others we'll invite them back for homemade soup and homemade bread and they are in heaven! Another winter favourite for us is a chicken stew with dumplings. That I make enough for two nights only. Happy eating! Hugs - David

DVArtist said...

Really lovely photos. The dinner looks great. I am on the road today and that is something easy I will make for dinner tonight. Thanks for the idea. Have a nice day today.

Christine said...

Beautiful frosty leaves and the food looks so delicious!

carol l mckenna said...

Magnificent frosty morning photos ~ delish penne and sausage ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Tom said...

...you captured magic in these frosty images and now I'm hungry.

Jeanie said...

You have to get up pretty early in the morning to capture beautiful frost photos and these are certainly beautiful! Well done, Carola!

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to see those beautiful frosty leaves.
Your food looks tasty ...
We enjoy soups in the cooler days.

All the best Jan

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Such gorgeous photos, Carola!! Love them all!

-Soma

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Your photographs are a delight and yes, Nature's Art outshines us all. As for your delicious looking meal ... I want some :) Andy chance you could share the recipe? Hope you are getting into the spirit of the season. Stay well, Carola ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Rain said...

Hi Carola! ♥ I loved seeing the steam coming off your cow! That is so neat. And your frosty photography is gorgeous! Mother Nature and Jack Frost are working well together! ☺ Oh the sausage pasta looks amazing. I miss eating sausage. I haven't had any in ages. I do eat lots of soups, I like them with homemade buttery bread! Comfort food for me!

NatureFootstep said...

beautiful. The frost really bring out the beauty of fall. :)