Friday, August 22, 2014

Autumn Foreshadow (August Break 2014)

I had promised that I would get back to August break - after I had missed so many. Today's prompt is "shadow" - I didn't take a new photo for this, and I also don't show a picture from Europe as I did with all the other August break prompts. This photo was taken four years ago, during a leisurely drive through our wine country - I actually found this image in my "fences" folder.


My favorite season is coming up - I can't wait for the warm and golden colors of fall. Some of our trees are already starting to change color, like the Chinese Pistache. It seems early - I guess it is due to the lack of water in our third straight year of drought. The Japanese Maple in front of our house is still green, though - it usually is at its height of fierce red color in November.


Are you looking forward to autumn or are you holding on to summer?


7 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Oh I am so looking forward to Fall as well. Great photos. I'm a Fall and Winter girl and a Spring girl as well.:) Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I am so looking forward to Autumn!! Great captures!

Elephant's Child said...

I adore Autumn, it is probably my favourite season.
Just the same, we are moving into Spring here - and I will welcome that too. Like you, we badly need rain.
Summer? Meh.

Orsolina said...

Das ist ein tolles 'Schattenspiel'. Sieht echt nach Herbst aus.

LG Biggi

Willkommen auf meiner Kreativseite. said...

Ich hätte gerne noch etwas Sommer. Bei uns war der ganze August schon sehr herbstlich. Im Juli zu heiß und nun schon wieder zu kühl. Eigentlich war das gar kein richtiger Sommer.
Die Herbstfarben mag ich auch sehr gerne, aber das ganze drumherum wie Nebel, Regen und Kälte, das bräuchte ich nicht unbedingt.

LG
Renate

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Great photo, you have done some wonderful pictures of different fences, this is marvelous.

Magic Love Crow said...

Your photos are amazing!
Bring on Autumn and Winter! Yepeee ;o) I am happy ;o) LOL!