Saturday, August 23, 2014

Adornment (August Break 2014)

Before this day is over I want to offer my adornment.

Honestly, I wasn't even sure what adornment meant. Thankfully, Susannah Conway sends out emails every day of her August Break 2014 and thus I got an idea about adornment. She was talking about adorning oneself, followed by a few examples.

So, how do I adorn myself? I rarely wear make up, I put my hair up in a ponytail or messy bun, and my clothes are anything but fashionable. I love comfortable, sometimes a bit crazy clothes, color and nothing trendy.

But I have a thing for earrings. I love them. I have quite a collection, but usually I wear these ones:


The Geek gave them to me on Christmas a couple years ago. I had seen them at a holiday fair, made by an artist from San Francisco (unfortunately I lost her card). Immediately I fell for this style... and my husband saw how much I loved them. I was very happy when I found them under the Christmas tree, and I have worn them almost every day since then.

No lipstick, no eye shadow, no mascara - but these earrings are a must!


What is your favorite adornment?




4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am with you all the way.
No make-up. My hair style is wash n wear.
Earrings are about the only jewellery I wear. I have lots and lots (and lots) of pairs. Quirky and preferably hand-made pieces.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love your earrings! My favourite earrings are long feather ones. I love large earrings ;o)
I also love my lipstick ;o)

EvalinaMaria said...

I do wear make up once in a while, I do my hair, I like all kinds of jewellery but really I adore a manicure. I love my nails painted and well shaped. Yeah, I can survive with a very little makeup, almost no hair do, comfortable clothes but nails is a must!

windrock studio said...

You are a girl after my own heart, I always have earrings on and really love yours!