How long has it been since I last participated in Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday? I can't even remember...
This week's theme is black and white with perhaps a tiny bit of color. I opted for this rose that was peeking through a weathered fence in Mendocino. The photo in color is pretty "normal" on the border to boring. However, converting it to black & white and just keeping the pink/red of the rose gave it some interest. Okay, so my "tiny bit" or "hint" of color turned out a little bit more than that.
This is what I did:
- Converted the original photo to black & white
- brought back the color of the rose by using a layer mask
- hue/saturation adjustment
- added Kim's texture "februarymagicedges" in blending mode Lighter Color at 75%
- added Kim's texture "kk_scriptedges" in blending mode Lighten at 100%
I haven't worked with textures for such a long time - or with some major changing in PSE in general - that I had to turn to my notes that I jotted down during the various classes I took with Kim. I certainly miss the practice!