Friday, July 13, 2012

Fences


"Fencing" is the theme of Bonnie's Photo Art Friday for this week. I had to participate because fences are a favorite photo subject for me. I played around with some of Bonnie's textures or just changed the photo a little bit.

The top one caught my attention because I like how the jasmin curled around the fence. I used the "yesteryear" texture in blending mode Hard Light at 90% and did some levels and saturation adjustment.

The next fence meanders around the churchyard in Chipping Campden in the British Cotswold Hills, one of my favorite places in the world. Here I blended Bonnie's texture "vintage wine label" in Multiply at 66% and also did some levels and saturation adjustments.


Oh, the fences at the beaches on the East Coast! I loved them, so photogenic! Along the New Jersey shore there are miles and miles of these fences, a paradise for me. Bonnie's texture "everything is illuminated" worked perfectly in blending mode Linear Burn at 37% and a few levels and saturation adjustments.


I passed this beautiful fence in my old neighborhood almost every day when Kaefer still went to elementary school. I like the sepia tone.


Of course I had to go crazy on one picture. This is a very low fence around a graveyard in a small cemetery in Tomales. The texture is Bonnie's "Ephemeral" blended in Exclusion at 85% and then some heavy levels and hue/saturation adjustments. It was fun!


.

24 comments:

Randy said...

These are wonderful. I would have to say that I like the Sepia toned photo the best. Have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

Each one...excellent!
Each one!

Sivinden said...

What a variety of fences, - great work!
Love your blog header!

Deborah Tisch said...

That last image is my favorite and would be great framed and hung on the wall! The colors are wonderful!

Jean Baardsen said...

I love all your fence pictures! Bonnie picked a good theme this week. :o)

Linda Kittmer said...

Beautiful. I especially love the sepia shot. I also love the very different treatments you've given each shot. Wonderful.

Maria Ontiveros said...

We were in Chipping Campden last summer! I also really like fences and gates. I have sime from Ireland to share later.
Rinda

patty said...

Oh, I just love fences too! On Instagram, I have been participating in "fencepost friday". Lots of fun - love your variety of fenceposts here!

A Garden of Threads said...

This was a fun theme, love fences. You have some gorgeous shots!!!

Jeanne said...

Your fences are all lovely, but especially like the last two. I love the sepia and to bright colors in the last. Thanks also for stopping by my blog!

Deborah said...

Oh, such fabulous shots and post processing! Our 'snow' fences across the flat lands next to the highway are much like the beach fences!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

What stellar shots of fences to begin with ... and then the editing takes them to a whole other level. Love how you have used my textures. Thank you for sharing your work with Photo Art Friday, Carola.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You should be on the sales staff for Bonnie's textures. Your use of some that I hadn't seen before has peeked my interest ... to say nothing of how effectively you used them. All of your fences are artistic and attractive and the colors in the last one are alluring. I really enjoyed this post ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Ida said...

Oh my gosh your fence shots were amazing and beautifully edited.

lorik said...

What interesting compositions! It is amazing what kind of art can be made from fences!

Anonymous said...

I particularly like the effect you've achieved in your last photo

Frida said...

A great series and such great images. Old ornamented fences are so beautiful.

Pat said...

Wonderful group of fence images!

NatureFootstep said...

lol, lots of interesting fences. :) I like what you did. :)

Maery Rose said...

The series of photos is amazing!! I've tried using texture but just can't get it right like you have. But besides the texture, the angles you've chosen are so perfect. Good eye!

gina said...

I love fences too -- these are great....all so different. My fave is the iron fence with the great shadows, it has wonderful lines.

Ginnie Hart said...

I, too, love fences, Carola, but if I didn't before looking at these images, I sure would now! Well done.

Darla said...

Wonderful series of fence photos. I have a special fondness for those old iron fences.

Darla

Lynn Cohen said...

I wondered where you went, but see by scrolling down I missed a whole slew of your post of late. All beautiful and full of wonder. Leaves me wondering why Blogger didn't tell me you were posting???
Love the fences especially and the flowers with water drops too.