Sunday, June 4, 2017

Scene & Story - May 2017



Those of you who have been reading my blog for quite some time know about "my lake" and how much I love it. Recently my walks around the lake have become much less frequently than they used to be due to my work. In May I managed to walk there only once, early in the morning. It was a very spontaneous decision to skip Jazzercise and go to the lake instead.

It was a beautiful morning, and when I saw the rising mist on the water my heart skipped a beat. I love this atmosphere! It is rather challenging for me to capture exactly this mood with my camera, but I simply cannot not try it. I have always loved this particular spot with the pier where often fishermen are patiently doing their work. This morning, however, it was empty. When I looked at the photo afterwards the feeling of solitude spoke to me and it became my favorite photo for May.


I am joining Sarah and Leรณn for Scene and Story again as I try to do every first Sunday of a month. You can find more stories here.


14 comments:

Sandra said...

You've captured a lovely mood here and I can see the mist rising on the water in the background. Great texture on the water and lines on the jetty. What a beautiful place to walk!

Sarah Huizenga said...

Docks are my very favorite in the world. And this one is perfect!

Elephant's Child said...

There is incredible magic to water isn't there? This image sings to me of serenity. And beauty.
Thank you so much for sharing it.

Karen Lakis said...

I love the peaceful feeling of this beautiful misty morning!

Anonymous said...

Carola, I can see why this place appeals to you. I can imagine sitting at the end of that dock, dangling my feet into the water, listening to the quiet as the morning comes to life. I hope with the coming of summer you'll be able to spend more time there. Thanks for sharing this lovely scene and story.

Michelle said...

This photo evokes a lot of feeling. Bravo!

My name is Erika. said...

Nice lake smoke. I don't know, I think a lake walk would top jazzercise for me, but I understand how we all have our own kinds of favorite exercises. There is something about being in a class and moving the body in other ways to stay limber and strong and in shape. The lake looks pretty. Hope June lets you walk a lot more. Hugs-Erika

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Spectacular photo. What a wonderful place to take a walk.

Jeanne said...

I think you did a great job capturing the mysticism of the early morning lake with the mists rising. How wonderful to have this lake nearby and be able to spend time here when you can. A place of beauty and solitude. Hope you get to spend more time here!

Jeanie said...

I understand your lake love. I'll get up to mine in a couple of weeks and I can hardly wait. This is a lovely photo -- beautiful composition and mood.

Rachel Weishaar said...

Your picture said inviting peace and solitude to me. I absolutely loved it!

windrock studio said...

This is such a special image just as your lake is so very special ... I feel very familiar with it after all these years and am always happy when you share it.

Magic Love Crow said...

Purely magical!!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a beautiful picture, Carola. I can see why you chose the lake instead of jazzercise. Sometimes nature has just what we are looking for that particular day. I have another blog friend who goes to her lake almost every day, and she takes wonderful photos, Imagery by Kimberly, on my side bar. I think you would enjoy her peaceful blog.

~Sheri