This Sunday sneaked up on me... I simply wasn't ready for it. But here it is.
My gratitude list is full again. I feel blessed.
- As usual, and every single day, I am so grateful for my family. We had a bit of a rough week, mainly because Kaefer has been buried beneath homework. Only two more weeks until winter break, and it seems that the teachers have doubled the amount of homework. I simply don't get it. Still, there are always moments when we laugh and have fun together.
- There was time to watch old episodes of Downton Abbey, Kaefer's favorite TV show. She always watches the old episodes in anticipation of the start of the new season (January 4th!!!).
- Knitting - along with the cooler season I take out my knitting needles again. I knitted many doll's hats, scarves and leg warmers in the past weeks and am currently working on a pair of boot cuffs for a certain young girl (no, she doesn't read my blog). I love projects that are done fast, but I also got some patterns for more challenging projects in our local yarn store. I'm also looking for a good knitting book that is easy to understand - if you have any suggestions please tell me in the comments!
- Nature always calms me. I finally went back to the lake and it was THE highlight of this past week. This place holds a certain magic for me that works over and over again. It doesn't matter if the sun is not shining and the ground is sogging - the lake is pure heaven.
- I am so grateful for my friend Jo. We hadn't seen each other in quite a while since we both were very busy. But this week we finally managed to get together twice. We discovered a new breakfast place in town, spent time in the yarn store drooling over skeins of alpaca and mohair and went to a holiday craft fair. With her I also discover our town with new eyes, like this statue of Charlie Brown and Snoopy. I had never realized before that Snoopy actually carries a rose in his paw!
- The smell of freshly baked bread was waving through our home this week as well. Beside all the whole grain bread that we love I tried a recipe for a Moroccan country bread - it was yummy and went so well with the shrimp in lemon butter. I guess I will post the recipe some time in the coming week, so if you're interested in it watch out for it.
- Still life photography. I had never thought that I would enjoy this special kind of photography so much. Usually I'm the nature, landscape, tree and fence photographer, but this quiet photography is so different and fulfilling at the same time. I enjoy setting up a photo shoot, take several shots and then process them in Lightroom. Kim Klassen's online class "Start to Finish" has been a big helper in this development.
- And like every Sunday - don't forget the birds. They are an endless source of joy for me. I saw this little California Towhee during my walk around the lake and I was happy that he stayed on this bench for quite some while.
Now it's your turn - what are you grateful for?