Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Fence With a Lot of Sand

It's been a while since I joined Theresa's Good Fences. I haven't taken any photos of fences recently, so I looked through my archives and found this one:


If you just glance at it without really looking you might think this fence disappears in the snow. And although this photo was taken in winter, the fence disappears into sand - beautiful, white sand.

The location of the fence is at the entrance to this:


White Sands National Monument in New Mexico. We went there in December 2010 and fell in love with this huge area of white sand dunes and an incredible blue sky. The temptation to show you many more photos of this location is big, but I will limit this post to the yucca plants that grow there.


It's rather surprising that anything grows here anyway - but it does. I found the yucca rather fascinating, especially the dead ones that were lying on the ground - still beautiful.


Look at these huge seedpods. Aren't they gorgeous? And so photogenic...




19 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow! very unique and beautiful, too! thanks, carola!

21 Wits said...

Absolutely, I thought the first photo was snow! Stunning photos throughout.

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh my goodness! I DID think it was snow! I really like the way the wind has played with it. And I LOVE the seedpods!

Anonymous said...

Wow your pictures are awesome.

Oh your right that large plant is magnificent. A pod weed.

Jutta.K. said...

Wow, at first, I thought it´snow !
Great shot´s, really !
Greetings from Germany

Jeanne said...

It does look like snow. Very beautiful!

Bethany Carson said...

Love your photos from White Sands--so beautiful! I've never been there, but my family was recently looking through slides from the 1960s, and we ran across a photo of my great grandpa there!

Unknown said...

Hallo Carola,
da denke ich, ich surfe in USA herum und finde eine Deutsche :)
Und da Du solch wunderschöne Fotos machst, werde ich auch gleich zu Deiner neuen Leserin - ich lerne noch und gucke gern ab ;)
Den im Sand verschwindenden Zaun finde ich einfach klasse, genau wie die Samenstände dort im Sand. Traumhaft!
Da kann sich mein Zaun aber verstecken! :))

Liebe Grüße
【ツ】Knipsa

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh good grief, is that beautiful!! And you sure had me fooled at the first photo. I was surprised that it wasn't snow!

Elephant's Child said...

Just glorious. I love the fence, but it is that seed pod (architectural marvel) which has won my heart today.

Ida said...

These are incredible. It does look like snow in that first shot. I loved that you shared more then just the fence. Those seed pods were fascinating.

NatureFootstep said...

Beautiful sand and I love the color of the wood.

denthe said...

That looks like an amazing place! So beautiful .... And the pictures are great! Thanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

WoW-zers, these are really spectacular!! The sand surely does look like snow!!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

These shots are tremendous, all of them. Love the blue skies, the angle in which you took the shots and the close ups of some.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Wow! The photos are stunning! The sand is almost as white as the clouds. The seedpods are really interesting. I have never seen those before.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

What a beautiful place- I thought it was snow also.

Kia said...

How stunning! :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Stunning photos! So unique and beautiful!