Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pink Dessert for Valentine's Day

Desserts are always good, but if it's pink it's almost perfect for Valentine's Day. No, I am not talking cupcakes with pink frosting here. I'm talking - Raspberry Mascarpone. I found this recipe when we were still living in Germany. We already liked it back then, but since we moved to the States it has been a hit whenever we brought it to a party, potluck or served it after dinner. It is sinfully good!

What you will need:


400 g raspberries (fresh or frozen, thawed)
Juice and zest of half a lemon
2 egg yolks
50 g sugar
250 g mascarpone (if you can't get the Italian one, Trader Joe's is very good as well)
75 g yogurt (I use Greek yogurt)
200 g Cantuccini (Italian hard almond cookies)

Put a few of the raspberries aside for decoration. Puree the others with 1 tbsp. lemon juice.


Beat egg yolks and sugar until creamy.


Blend in marscarpone, yogurt and pureed raspberries (you get this cool marble effect while doing so). Add 1 teaspoon lemon zest.


Cover the bottom of a shallow bowl with the cantuccini.


Pour and spread the raspberry cream on top of it. Refrigerate for at least five hours (better overnight).


Decorate the dessert with fresh raspberries.


Enjoy with your loved ones!

8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Raspberries are my most favourite berry and this dessert looks to make the very best use of their sublimity (and if that isn't a word, it should be).

Darla said...

Oh goodness that looks good. I will have to give it a try when I find the right Italian cookies.

Darla

Cheri said...

It looks yummy enough to paint with! :)

Kay L. Davies said...

I vote for sublimity as a word. Like divinity, only different.
It looks absolutely gorgeous, Carola, and I know I'd love it, for sure.
Good thing nobody in Alberta sells mascarpone, or I'd be even fatter than I am already.
Sigh.
Happy Valentine's Day!
K

Laurie said...

Oh my goodness, that looks delish!

Poppy said...

Refreshing and cool, your raspberry mascarpone is no doubt the showstopper! How cute are those raspberries! Noticed you have Greece's famous Fage yogurt for that unbeatable creaminess!

Happy Valentine's Day, Carola!

Poppy

Magic Love Crow said...

This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing ;o)

Rosemary Aubut said...

YUM, YUM, YUM! Love the color!