Monday, July 17, 2023

T is for Ten

 

Today is the day!

Today we're celebrating the 10th (tenth!) anniversary of Bleubeard and Elizabeth's T Tuesday. Can you imagine that it has been around for 10 years? That's 520 Tuesdays if I'm correct. 

We have been doing a special swap to celebrate the occasion. My swap partner was Lisca. She lives in Spain, but mailed her ATC and postcard from the Netherlands because she was traveling. This is the stamp on the envelope, featuring the current king of the Netherlands, Willem-Alexander.

Lisca had created a beautiful ATC - here are the front and the back.


She said that she's not much of an artist and hopes that I am not disappointed. Lisca, I cannot agree with your statement at all! I really like this ATC. 

She also included this beautiful postcard of Almería. She wrote that she really likes this town - it has a lovely boulevard with a beautiful tropical garden in the center. I love what the place looks like in the postcard and googled it. The pictures I saw were beautiful and I wouldn't mind visiting this town one day.

Lisca, thank you so much for the beautiful ATC, postcard, and your lovely handwritten note. I loved having you as my swap partner.

This is the ATC that I made for Lisca - "Tuesday Cats". It is the same stamp (or part of it) that I used in the card on top. I had once seen it on Elle's blog and asked her about it. She was so kind to let me know and I immediately bought it. Oh the possibilities!


The postcard I sent her shows one of our favorite places at our stunning coast.

Since she is the host and offers us a place to show our drinks (and much more) every Tuesday, I made an ATC for Elizabeth as well. After I had mailed it I thought that I should have included a treat for Bleubeard - apologies, Bleubeard! Meow!


And of course especially this Tuesday we need a drink. This weekend was very hot and I didn't want to cook. So we went to Betty's, our favorite Fish 'n Chips place in town. The Geek had his usual two-piece and I opted for the grilled crab and Jack cheese sandwich. Both were delicious (we didn't expect anything less) and we also enjoyed a Scrimshaw - you have seen this beer a few times on my blog.


Now on to the next 10 years!


26 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Happy 10th T anniversary
Beautiful atc's and postcards!
Your meal looks delicious
Hugs Kathy

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy TSFT 10 Anniversary wishes! I love all the art on your post today to celebrate this special T Day; those rainbow cats are beautiful and both ATCs are amazing - perfect 😊 . Of course, now I've seen all that lovely food, I'm now hungry ...lol 😊. Take care and Happy T Tuesday celebrations! Hugs, Jo x

jinxxxygirl said...

Happy 10th T day Anniversary Carola! I just love both yours and Lisca's ATC's!! And the food looks delish... not cooking in this weather is a win/win! Not a beer drinker but i love the name! Hugs! deb

Mae Travels said...

Your sandwich and fish &chips look splendid! WISH I COULD JOIN YOU. Nice art work.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I didn't have time to let you know I received your envelope today. I was just getting ready to take photos of the packages on my table and decided to check my mail first. Glad I did, because I was able to tuck yours into the mix and hide your name and address, too.

I LOVE all the cats who are holding signs with the number 10 showing. This is a really clever entry. I like how you colored each cat a bit differently. The one with the mustache and the monocle had me laughing, as did the one with the ball of yarn.

I liked Lisca's postage stamp. And I loved her ATC, too. So glad she stepped outside her comfort zone and created this fun ATC.

Impressive that Lisca chose Almeria for her postcard. Caty lives in Almeria, and I hope she links this week, too.

LOVE your ATC. That mouse took on an entirely different duty in the ATC.

What a fun ATC you created with the cat. I know I will love it when I open it. Thanks in advance. I'm quite sure Bleubeard will understand, especially when he gets mentioned during T each week.

Your meals look delicious, but I would opt for the fish and chips. I could eat that right now, in fact. I bet both meals went well with the Scrimshaw beer you had with them.

Thanks for sharing your postcard, your ATC and your Number 10 celebration card with us as well as your food and drink for T this special 10th anniversary T this week, dear Carola.

nwilliams6 said...

Happy Special T-day, Carola. Your ATCs are so fun - both the one you received and the ones you made (especially love the one you made for Bleubeard - lol). How fun to trade a postcard and ATC with Lisca the postcard queen! Great looking food and fab drink as always. Yum. Hugz

Amila said...

You've received beautiful ATCs and I am glad to see all these. Beautiful stamp from Netharlands too. I really like the first photo with artwork that includes 10. It is really creative and colourful! Happy 10th T Tuesday anniversary!

My name is Erika. said...

It's really fun seeing everyone's trades, and yours are no exception. The kitties are such fun. I think you and Lisca were on the same wavelength making ATC's with kitties. :) I loved seeing them both, and your fish dinners too. Those dinners look very yummy. Have a great T day Carola and also a good week ahead too. hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

I just read your comment and the infusion in my post is not tea. It is in a tea bag, but it is fruit processed like tea. No calories and no caffeine. I am very much enjoying it as it is very fruity.

DVArtist said...

How wonderful to get cards and mail from Lisca. The 10 cats are perrrrfect for this. Everyone one did such a nice job. Have a great evening.

Iris Flavia said...

Der akkurate Deutsche hat natürlich instinktiv gezählt... mehr als 10 Katzen!
LOL.
Bleubeard mit dem rosa Touch ist supersüß. Und die alte Schrift. Ich hab sowas gar nicht mehr... Toll.
Hmmm, euer Essen sieht gut aus!

Elephant's Child said...

A ten year anniversary is special. I loved both the ATC you received and the ones you sent.

roentare said...

These postcards are just stunningly beautiful.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Happy 10 years of Tea Tuesday! - Anne (Cornucopia)

Valerie-Jael said...

Love all of the cats in this post, I have earrings whch would match them very well! I LOVE all of the ATCs, really brilliant! Your coast looks great! Happy Anniversary T Day, Valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

This idea of exchanging little gifts is really quite wonderful. In a world where AI is slowly dominating more aspects of our lives it is a link to reality, to human relationships and the value of friendship. Congratulations to all involved. Best wishes - David

J said...

HappyT Anniversary, love your ATC and postcard from Lisca, love the ATCs you made too
Enjoy your day. Jan S

Lisca said...

Happy 10th anniversary! It was really fun swapping with you. I got some really beautiful cards and a fun ATC. I really like those cats. So cute.
I'm sorry the postcard from the Netherlands was so boring. I asked but they didn't have anything more exciting.
Yes, Almería is really nice. Caty, who occasionally joins us at T for Tuesday, lives in Almería and will have more to say about it.
Happy anniversary T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Divers and Sundry said...

Great ATC! She's definitely an artist :) Happy 10th T Anniversary

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love that you both have a cat theme. They are all fabulous as are your postcards. I would love your sandwich, maybe with a cider though. Happy T Day, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

Love the cards -- and seeing everyone's 10. You have a great 10! Happy T-versary!

Teresa said...

Felicidades. Todo muy bonito. Un beso.

Sharon Madson said...

Yours and Lisca's ATCs are wonderful! This was such a great way to celebrate, having this swap. So fun! Happy 10th TSFT Anniversary.

CJ Kennedy said...

The cat ATCs just made me purr with delight. Happy 10th T Day Anniversary

Kate Yetter said...

The food looks delicious and the AtC's are SO cute. I love getting postcards when I travel and the landscapes on these are lovely!
Happy Belated Tea Day,
Kate

Caty said...

How precious are your Atcs and the one that Lisca sent you! It was a nice 10th Anniversary. Lovely your postcard too. delicious meal!
That postcard of Almería is very pretty, with the Alcazaba in the foreground. I live in Almería, and I can assure you that it is a very beautiful place, with many monuments and many truly unique places and beaches.
I wish you a nice day, big hugs, Caty