Monday, April 13, 2015

The Pink Wisteria


Whenever I drive along my street this spring, I see this amazing wisteria at a corner lot. Most of our wisteria here is purple, and I actually haven't seen a pink one before. I knew that they existed, and I was always curious to see one "for real"


Well, here it is. A couple days ago I walked past it with my camera in hand. This wisteria is trained into a tree and it has a lovely quirky shape. I wish I had something like that in my front garden. The bees loved it as well and were busily buzzing around.


The magenta color is beautiful. From further away the pink looks rather soft, but when you look closely you can see all the lovely detail of the beautiful blooms and the different shades of pink/magenta.

Isn't it amazing?




14 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

It is glorious. We had a white one, which has died and I may have to investigate replacing it with a pink

JoZart Designs said...

It certainly is glorious. Magnificent!
We have a purple one which we love so much ( took 8 years before it flowered) but I've never seen a pink one before. My daughter chose her wedding date to co-incide with the wisteria flowering outside the wedding house in L'burg.
Lovely photographs,
Jo x

Jeanne said...

These flowers really look amazing.

Monika + Bente said...

Ich werd´ verrückt, was für eine Blütenpracht !
Liebe Grüße in dein Paradies - Monika

Kokopelli said...

Lovely shades of pink! And I can only imagine the heavenly smell. :)

Cheri said...

Your capture is beautiful!

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow, that is truly amazing and beautiful. I'm glad you were able to walk by and take photos of it. It's so pretty!

windrock studio said...

It is amazing! What a beautiful sight!

Linda Kay said...

So beautiful! I've never seen it in pink, only a lavender blue.

Unknown said...

Super schön das Ding! Tolle Farbe!
Da kann man sich ja gar nicht satt dran sehen :)
Wünsche Dir noch einen schönen Tag

Tinna ✐

Michelle said...

Wow, that is really pretty.

Barb said...

What a magnificent sight!

Magic Love Crow said...

Truly amazing!

Sally H said...

Wow! How beautiful! Breathtaking!