Recently I have been in a real baking mood. I've already told you about my rye bread and you saw my blueberry muffins. This time I made raspberry lemon muffins, and I can tell you - they are as good as they look.
Do you want the recipe and give yourself a treat? Okay, let's go.
for the muffins:
about 1 cup (+/-) fresh raspberries
1¾ cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
⅓ cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
¾ cup milk
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup Greek lemon yogurt
for the crumbs:
½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup sugar
¼ cup cold butter, cubed
1 tsp lemon zest
1. Grease a muffin pan and preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1¾ cup flour, baking powder, ⅓ cup sugar and salt.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine the egg, milk, and melted butter. Add the mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. Add the yogurt and mix well. The mixture will be thick and lumpy.
4. In a smaller mixing bowl, combine ½ cup all purpose flour, ½ cup sugar, and the lemon zest to make the topping. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
5. Put about ¼ cup of the batter in each muffin cup. Top with the raspberries and then top with the crumbs.
6. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
7. Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes before serving.
These muffins are super delicious! If you like the taste of raspberries with a hint of lemon, you will love these muffins. They hardly kept for 24 hours in our house...
You can also find the recipe at This Gal Cooks.