Monday, October 14, 2013

Texture Tuesday on a Monday

It's been a while since I joined Kim Klassen at Texture Tuesday. I'm having a bit of a hard time keeping up with blogging at the moment - I really hope that will change very soon again!

Here's my contribution - another image from the National Heirloom Expo, "The Blue Jar".


The original photo really wasn't anything to rave about - too dark. But I liked the simplicity of it and that's why I chose it.

Here's the recipe:
- after a levels adjustment, I blended the image with Kim's texture "kk_appreciate" in linear burn at 50%; brushed away the texture from the blue jar
- copied it and blended in soft light at 100%; brushed away the texture form the jar
- added Kim's texture "chamomile", soft light at 75%
- after a hue/saturation adjustment I added a photo of mine and blended it in soft light at 60%, again brushing it away from the jar. The photo is a close up of the seeds in the head of a sunflower and you can see them mainly in the right half of the image.

To see more spectacular photos hop over to Kim's Texture Tuesday.

18 comments:

KB Bear said...

What is truly beautiful. It's a wonderful choice. But I must admit that you have photo editing abilities that I can only dream of. But, seeing your end result, it might be time that I try to learn!

elizabeth said...

What a beauty this photo is now!!!

Elephant's Child said...

Oh wow. I have so much to learn - and thank you for showing me more to intrigue and tempt me.

Our photos said...

The photo is beautiful.
Have a nice day! RW & SK

Nina said...

Such a beautiful texture - and creative - using sunflower seeds, Carole! Thank you for the editing tutorial - I am often so curious about how these artful photos are being created.

Becs said...

Love this image. Beautiful in it's simplicity and I love the contrast of the blue jar and the corn. Great texture work and photo blending.

Seraphina´s Phantasie said...

Hallo Carola,
das ist ein wunderschönes Herbstfoto, welches durch die Textur dazu gewinnt.
Viele Grüße Synnöve

Sarah Carletti said...

This is a beautiful photo and texture!

Barb Brookbank said...

I love the composition, and texture work. I love wheat and blue jars too...

Deanna said...

I love anything in a blue jar...this is outstanding!!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I always love to see what you do with textures ~ this is lovely.

Patricia said...

This is a beautiful texture work !!

Kim Stevens said...

I love this simplicity of this too...and what's not to love about a blue mason jar! :)

Rosie Grey said...

I love the simplicity of this shot - wonderful composition and tones!

Cindy said...

so perfect for fall! Love the mason jar with the wheat...and that sunflower photo gives such a wonderful earthy texture to the entire processing...
Blessings!

EarlK said...

Absolutely beautiful. Wonderful.

Magic Love Crow said...

This is amazing! Truly beautiful!

Prairie Jill said...

Beautiful piece! I love the simplicity. The effects of the texture and your sunflower photo are perfect!