Monday, April 4, 2011

Made in Germany 3


This is the view from my apartment in Tübingen - it's to the west over the Ammertal (later, after I had met the Geek, we moved to a village in the Ammertal). This was the first thing I saw in the morning when I stepped out onto my terrace and the last in the night, and often I witnessed gorgeous sunsets. It was wonderful to watch thunder and lighting in the comfort and safety of my home. In the valley you can see the road I took every day to go to work - that was the time when I still worked with Hewlett-Packard, where I also met the Geek. It was a 20-30 minutes commute, depending on traffic. Since I always left very early for work I seldom had problems with bad traffic. It was different on the way back, but I just wouldn't take the autobahn then but some back roads through the forest (I didn't do that during winter, though). I felt lucky to live in such a beautiful place. These were the best years before my marriage.

Do you have anything German to share? Just leave your link in the comments and we come and visit.

.

6 comments:

Kristin Dudish said...

What a breathtaking view... I'd never want to leave the house!

Thanks for sharing this... The current view out my window is so gray and rainy. Boo!


xo
Kristin

stacie said...

Really beautiful! My grandmother's side our family was German and I remember the Christmas cookies she made as being amazing. One of these days we want to explore Germany....it looks like a lovely country to visit!!

Christine E-E said...

I will find something from my travels through Germany... stay tuned.
How about participating in WEEKWORD - I'm hosting. The word is:
ANTICIPATION. Spread the word...

Kat Sloma said...

Lovely image! But what most struck me in your post was that you worked for HP! What site did you work at? I visited Boeblingen a few times in the '90s.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How did you leave the house! Seriously..that is my dream - to have a view as beautiful as that. I think I would just stare at it all day!

donnalouiserodgers said...

this is a little shot of heaven, tomorrow (later) I will post something German,

Dx