This month Kaefer and I do a "Fun in the Sun" challenge together. We do this via an app we both use. When you live so far apart from each other (5527 miles straight line flight distance or 8896 km) you have to use different methods of doing things together than if you're living in the same city or the same country.
One of the challenges is to doodle a self portrait. I'm not good at drawing or painting portraits in the first place, but in this case I didn't really mind. I didn't even try to achieve something like a resemblance to the "real me" - I just enjoyed doodling a rather wonky face. I used graphite pencils for this.
Kaefer, however, chose to draw herself doing something she loves - riding her bicycle. Just a few weeks ago she took a week-long solo bike trip along the Donauradweg (Danube Cycle Path) and around the Neusiedler See (Lake Neusiedl) in Austria and Hungary.
You probably already guessed that these two drawings are my contribution to Nicole's Friday Face Off.



21 comments:
To me, the drawing looks like you. Nice job.
Good effort, Carola
Happy Friday
My linky today
HERE
Much love
I think you self portrait is brilliant. Actually you captured quite a bit of yourself. Very well done my friend. Kaefer did a wonderful job as well. I give both of you kudos for this fun challenge and for sharing with FFO. Have a nice weekend.
I like your portrait, as well as the drawing of the cyclist. Don't underestimate your artistic talent. Happy FFO!
...Carola, I can doodle in many ways, but it never results in anything like this!
I'd like to be able to doodle a portrait like that, Carola! It's impressive and definitely looks like you. Kaefer's solo bike trip sounds wonderful. My bike riding days are over. If I crashed (highly likely 😂), I'd shatter. Have a great weekend! ❤️🌺❤️
I live very close to the Neusiedler See. It is only a few kilometers away from my town.
Last week we went to eat fish in Hungary and saw a lot of bicycles under the grape arbor in front of the pub entrance. It was mainly Austrians who were cycling around the lake and stopped to have lunch at the pub we also loved. I heard more German words than Hungarian. The Austrian-Hungarian border is very close.
I should also mention that I can't draw. The last time I drew was when I was a child, and mainly the princesses I imagined: in blue dresses and with blonde hair. Of course! :)
Many greetings. Éva
I like both of these. They speak who each of you are. And it's great you and Kaefer do this fun in the sun challenge together. It must bring you closer to each other, and a good way to ignore the physical distance. Have a super rest of your weekend. hugs-Erika
Dear Carola, I also like both of these. I really appreciate your talent and efforts. I cannot draw, sketch or paint, I don't have the talent in arts and crafts. I look forward to seeing more as you wish to share. I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Well, I think your wonky face is really quite appealing. There is probably a little wonkiness to all of us! Kaefer’s contribution is decidedly unwonky as she speeds around Europe on her bike. Great way for mother and daughter to share their lives even from a distance. Many hugs - David
What a clever way to do a similar activity. I love your face. You id a great job creating iy. And of course, Kaefer's sketch was very, very clever. Happy FFO.
I haven't checked my e-mail in weeks. I will do so tomorrow.
Allein?! Um Himmels Willen! Darum habe ich keine Kinder - ich würde ausflippen vor Angst. Ich frage mich noch, wie meine Eltern vor "Handy", GPS & Co uns Monate durch Australien an Küste und Outback reisen lassen konnten.
Davon ab: Ich mag die Doodles! Und ist ja offensichtlich Alles gut gegangen.
Und ja! Das letzte "g" spricht man gar nicht! Na, oder sehr weich, "gegangen". Sprache, huh. Mit einem "h". Das Letzte ist silent. Toll, ketzt habe ich Horten im Kopf, der hört ja auch ein "Hu!". Mit Ausrufezeichen (habe gegoogled).
I understand "doing things together" when you are so far apart. It is great that you did the doodle challenge with Kaefer. You both did nicely on your self portraits.
I'd say these are "better" than doodles -- they look like wonderful art pieces.
Lovely artwork! I love your portrait. Have a lovely weekend!
I like these, so pleased you shared them :)
All the best Jan
Well done!
Carola, I think your “wonky face” doodle is delightful--it has character and personality.
And Kaefer’s bicycle drawing is wonderful too, especially knowing she just cycled along the Danube.
Both portraits tell a story, and that’s what makes them special.
Carola, you and your daughter have a fun way of connecting despite the distance. And, yes, having seen photos of you, it seems yours is a good self-portrait and nice that Kaefer selected something she obviously enjoys. What a great ride!
A mà me encantó tu autorretrato y pienso que tiene bastante parecido contigo, también me gustó mucho el de tu hija. Abrazos para las dos.
Post a Comment